Official website : https://projectlombok.org/
- Project Lombok is a java library that automatically plugs into your editor and build tools, spicing up your java.
- Never write another getter or equals method again, with one annotation your class has a fully featured builder, Automate your logging variables, and much more can be done via lombok.
Intro to lombok :
- Project Lombok is a Java library tool that is used to minimize boilerplate code and save timeduring development.
- It is no doubt that Java is a great language, but recently, it is criticized by the community for one important reason — verbosity.
- Lombok generates code, for example, getters, setters, and
toString, and the IDE does the same thing for us only it generates in our source code while Lombok generates it in the “.class” file directly.
Configure Eclipse for Lombok :
- Download the lombok jar from “https://projectlombok.org/download“
- Copy paste the jar into the eclipse installed folder
- Modify eclipse.ini file by adding below line at the end of eclipse
- Now clean and restart the eclipse
If you are using gradle you just need to add one plugin for build process :
id "io.freefair.lombok" version "5.0.0-rc6"
Lombok Annotations :
@Getter and @Setter