- Spring Boot comes with a built-in mechanism for application configuration using a file called application.properties
- You can find the configuration keys in the official documentation as well
Basics of application.properties :
- The application.properties file is nothing more than simple key-value storage for configuration properties.
- We can bundle the configuration file in your application jar or put the file in the filesystem of the runtime environment and load it on Spring Boot startup.
- Using this file we can configure the spring boot framework
- Define the application custom configuration properties
- Spring Boot loads the application.properties file automatically from the project classpath, all we have to do is to create application.properties file under src/main/resources directory.
Common application.properties configuration