Why spring became so popular compared to other java frameworks?
- Good integration with testing framework.
- No plumbing code required. (Removed unnecessary repeated code like try catch while making db calls)
- Flexible Architecture
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud
- Spring Batch
- Spring Data
- Spring Integration
- Spring Security
- Spring HATEOAS
- Spring Web Services
- Spring Mobile.
- Spring Android.
- Spring Session
- Staying with the trend.
What is Spring Boot ?
- Spring Boot is a project that is built on the top of the Spring Framework.
Why Spring Boot ?
- Spring Boot built on top of Spring so it already has features
- Dependency Injection
- Apart from that Spring boot has
- Auto Configuration – so most things comes with in the box
- Emdeded Servers like Tomcat
- Starter JARs. (Necessary JARs bundled in starter pack)
Import Goals and features of Spring Boot :
- Enable building a production ready application quickly.
- Provide common non functional features
- Quick stater project with Auto Configuration
- Production ready features
- metrics and health check
- Externalized configuration.
Spring Boot book online :
More information on Spring Starters :