Skip to content
- In JIT compilation, the application compiles inside the browser during runtime.
Whereas in the AOT compilation, the application compiles during the build time.
- Done using ng-serve
- All the ng-if and ng-for etc are compiled when the page is loaded
- The files downloaded on the browser during JIT is higher because the JIT compiler itself is downloaded into the browser
- The advantages of using AOT compilation are:
- Since the application compiles before running inside the browser, the browser loads the executable code and renders the application immediately, which leads to faster rendering.
- In AOT compilation, the compiler sends the external HTML and CSS files along with the application, eliminating separate AJAX requests for those source files, which leads to fewer ajax requests.
- Developers can detect and handle errors during the building phase, which helps in minimizing errors.
- The AOT compiler adds HTML and templates into the JS files before they run inside the browser.
- Due to this, there are no extra HTML files to be read, which provide better security to the application.
- Done using ng build –configuration=production