Skip to content
- You can use alteration or pipe symbol to find out pattern out of several regular expression.
- Pipe symbol works just like OR operator in java language.
- If you want to search bikes or cars using same regex then you can separate bikes and cars token with a pipe symbol and search both of them together.
- Text : Tonight Bikes and Cars are going to have a race on highway
Find : Text “Bikes” and “Cars” in the same regex.
Regex : Bikes|Cars
- Now suppose you want to add additional regex on the search token like \b then you need to group the search using round brackets to do it
Example : \b(Bikes|Cars)\b
- If we had omitted the round brackets, the regex engine would have searched for a word boundary followed by Bikes, or, Cars followed by a word boundary.